The internet can be a funny place. Who would have thought that a dedicated fishing website like ours would field questions about kayak pools?
What is a kayak pool? Well, I’m glad you asked.
For the uninitiated, a kayak pool is a type of backyard swimming pool.
The kayakers ask us how big the pools are, and the anglers ask if they come supplied with fish.
Do you want to know how much a kayak pool costs? Do you want to know the benefits of owning a kayak pool?
Perhaps you’d like to know the challenges of launching a kayak in it.
Let’s check out kayak pools.
What are Kayak Pools?
Let me disappoint you right up front. Unless you buy an impossibly large custom Kayak Pool, a mile long, launching your kayak in it invites a disappointing paddle.
So where does “kayak” come into it?
Kayak is a brand name.
Unaware of the profound confusion it would cause, these pool pioneers named their pool company Kayak Pools decades ago.
Conceived decades before the internet, how could Kayak possibly have predicted its trading name would go on to confuse Google, pool prospectors, and kayakers alike??
Kayak Pools makes custom above-ground swimming pools that are now well-known for their durability, versatility, and ease of installation.
These pools are typically constructed with resin and steel components, making them robust and resistant to the elements.
One of the distinguishing features of Kayak pools is their modular design, which allows for various sizes and shapes, including rectangular, oval, and round configurations.
They come with various customizable options, such as pool liners, filtration systems, and steps or ladders for easy entry and exit.
Kayak pools are favored by homeowners seeking a cost-effective and low-maintenance alternative to traditional in-ground pools.
Their portability and quick installation suit various settings, including backyards and urban areas.
Overall, Kayak pools offer an accessible and enjoyable way for anyone and everyone to enjoy swimming and relaxing at home.
The success of Kayak can be attributed to nailing an impossible midpoint between the above-ground pool and the inground pool.
Countless homeowners still dream of installing a Hollywood resort-style swimming pool in their backyard.
A luxurious inground pool is more than a swim in your backyard. It’s more than cooling off on a hot day without competing at the public pool or beach.
Such a pool remains a statement of achievement – a status symbol. It’s also a feeling, an aesthetic, a fantastic view, and a place of peace or party.
A luxurious inground pool delivers its owners a fantastic list of society’s most sought-after rewards – even before you swim in it. Even if you never swim in it.
The problem is that such a pool is so expensive to be out of the question – an impossible purchase. Just the outlay is prohibitive, and then there’s upkeep.
The solution for us, the working suburban folk, was an above-ground pool. Accessibly priced, great for kids, and a cool dunking for all on a scorching day.
However, the first few decades of above-ground pools brought various durability issues and aesthetic problems.
The problem was that an above-ground pool could never deliver on the lifestyle characteristics of an inground pool nestled in stylish decking and manicured landscapes.
Kayak Pools managed to bridge the gap between above-ground and below-ground pools. What’s more, it was cost-effective and very accessible to the average family.
Through pool customization, innovation, and modular design principles, Kayak delivered regular folk access to the trappings once exclusive to the in-ground crew.
Kayak Pools Sizes and Prices
Kayak Pools offers a range of sizes and prices to accommodate different budgets and space requirements.
Prices can vary based on location, installation, and additional accessories.
Kayak modularity and versatility went a long way to mitigating the expense of problematic site access.
Nonetheless, you should still be aware that if your chosen location is difficult to access, there will be a premium on your purchase.
Here is a general overview of the sizes and price ranges you can expect:
- Small Pools (Round or Oval): These typically start at around 12 feet in diameter or length and can cost between $3,000 to $7,000, depending on the model and any added features.
- Medium Pools (Round or Oval): Medium-sized pools, ranging from 18 to 24 feet in diameter or length, generally range from $6,000 to $12,000, depending on customization.
- Large Pools (Oval or Rectangular): Kayak offers pools extending up to 41 feet in length for larger yards. Depending on size and features, these can cost anywhere from $12,000 to $20,000.
- Custom Pools: Prices for custom-designed Kayak pools can vary widely, depending on the specific requirements and features chosen.
Only Kayak Pool dealers or Kayak official literature can provide accurate pricing information. Only dealers can quote accurately for your location and customization preferences.
Additionally, installation costs, landscaping, and maintenance should also be factored into your budget when considering the overall cost of a Kayak pool.
Types of Kayak Pools Available to Buy
Kayak Pools offers several different types of above-ground swimming pools to suit various preferences and needs:
- Rectangular Pools: These pools are a classic choice and come in various sizes to fit different backyard spaces. They are great for lap swimming and are often preferred for more formal settings.
- Oval Pools: Oval-shaped pools offer a blend of aesthetics and space efficiency. They are ideal for families and recreational use, providing ample room for swimming and fun activities.
- Round Pools: Round pools are easy to install and maintain. They are a popular choice for smaller backyards and are often preferred for their symmetrical and aesthetically pleasing design.
- Custom Pools: Kayak Pools offers custom pool options, allowing homeowners to design a pool that perfectly fits their unique space and style preferences.
- Various Depths: You can choose from different pool depths depending on your swimming preferences. Shallow pools are great for children and relaxation, while deeper pools are suitable for diving and more serious swimming.
- Accessories: Kayak Pools offers a variety of accessories like steps, ladders, pool liners, and filtration systems, allowing you to customize your pool for safety and convenience.
Each type of Kayak pool is designed to provide durability, easy installation, and customization options to create a backyard oasis that suits your specific needs and preferences.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Much Does a 12×24 Kayak Pool Cost?
The 12 x 24 Kayak pool cost can start at $4000 and typically ranges to $12,000. It’s easy to double this price with landscaping, accessories, and customization costs.
Can You Bury a Kayak Pool?
Yes, kayak pools can be recessed into the ground. While the look can be impressive, disguising its true above-ground nature, be aware that earthworks are very expensive.
How Long Does it Take To Install A Kayak Pool?
A large pool can be completed in a day for a simple setup. In bad weather and unfavorable site conditions, a setup can take days or even weeks.
Are Kayak Pools Worth the Money?
The value of a Kayak pool depends on your needs, budget, and preferences. They offer durability and customization, making them a good choice for many homeowners.
I know that sounds a little dry and obvious, but that’s the reality. Value, like beauty (at least in this case), is in the eye of the beholder.